Camp Hours: 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
The uOttawa Gee-Gees offer the only specialized rugby camp of its kind. This is an excellent opportunity to learn from the best. With access to the most current standards, skill assessment protocols and player development tools in the country, uOttawa Gee-Gees coaching staff, along with current members of the Gee-Gees rugby team, will help develop current athletes into future U Sports players and potential Olympians. Campers will be working alongside current members of the Gee-Gees, Team Quebec and Team Canada.
- Jen Boyd, Head Coach uOttawa Gee-Gees/ Women’s U20 Canada Head Coach
- Patrick Thompson, Assistant Coach uOttawa Women’s Gee-Gees
- Varsity Athletes of the uOttawa Gee-Gees
This camp is two-fold: an introduction to rugby to new players and a reintroduction to rugby for experienced players. The program introduces new or inexperienced players to the game of rugby in a small group setting. There will be a low athlete to coach ratio throughout the week.
What's in store:
- More experienced players will be challenged to improve their current level of play.
- Skill development will be organized by age and ability.
- Training focuses on general skills needed by all players while working with specialized positions.
- There will also be focus on team tactics, both on offence and defence.
Skills learned include: pass catch, Y-Lines, contact/breakdown, tackle set pieces, place kicking, etc.
Activities include: Free swims in our Olympic-sized pool, a wide variety of skills and drills, flag rugby tournament, etc.