It can be hard to stay motivated to go to the gym or do a workout this time of year, so it’s important to make the most out of the time you do find in your busy schedule to exercise! In other words, ‘work smarter, not harder’! Below you’ll find some tips to help you get the most out of your workout, and feel good doing it!
- Drink lots of water! Stay hydrated all day, every day! Being dehydrated can make exercise feel more challenging, so make it easier on yourself by keeping a bottle of water by your side and sipping throughout the day!
- Get a good night’s sleep! Proper rest can improve your ability to work out, give you more energy, and speed up your body’s recovery process so that you can feel strong and healthy the next day.
- Switch it up! From time to time, try a new workout! Consider different exercise like yoga, using weights, HIIT classes, and anything else that interests you!
- Get an exercise buddy! Working out with someone else can increase motivation and you will have someone by your side to encourage you're in your last stretch and you need a little push!
- Do a HIIT class from time to time! ‘High Intensity Interval Training’ classes are excellent to maximize the results you get from a workout, improve your cardiovascular health, and burn tons of calories. Check out our YouTube channel for a great HIIT class!
Keep these tips in mind when hitting the gym or following along with your favorite workout from home! Don’t know where to start? Check out our daily online fitness classes!