With another academic year here it’s time to let you know what Sports Services can offer you, the students. We have a very large range of activities, both athletic and recreational. Once you pay your ancillary fees you will get access to the three facilities on Campus (Montpetit Hall at 125 University Private, the Sports Complex at 801 King Edward and Lees Gym at 200 Lees Avenue).
What you get for FREE
- Access to the two fitness centres,
- Pool at Montpetit
- Group fitness
- Squash courts at the Sports Complex (reservation required)
- Drop-in sports (including soccer, badminton, basketball, martial arts, volleyball, swimming, hockey and skating).
What you get at preferred pricing
It is never too late to register to Campus Rec Activities!
Registered activities for students run per semester, this year you can choose between various activities:
- Intramurals (Soccer, Basketball, Hockey (Ice), Flag-Football, Ultimate, Volleyball and Dodgeball)
- Dance (Ballet, Dancehall/Reggae, Hip Hop, Jazz, Lyrical and Zumba Party)
- Martial Arts (Aikido, Fencing, Karate, Kung-Fu Shaolin, Mixed Martial Arts [MMA], Taekwondo, Kickboxing and Self Defense for Women)
- Fitness and Wellness (Indoor Cycling, Endurance Ride, Yoga, Stride to Success, Pilates, Learn to Lift: The Big 3, Triathlon Training and in Shape Women’s Weight Training)
- Outdoor Adventures (Canoe Camping, Cave Exploring, Cross Country Skiing, Dog Sledding and Snowshoeing, Hiking in Algonquin Park, Rafting, Whale Watching in Old Québec and Winter Camping)
- Lessons (Beginner and Intermediate Swimming lessons, Aquatic Certifications, Skating lessons
- Employees Only (Variety of programs and activities including Yoga and Desk Jockey Training Camp)
Whether you’re looking to try a new sport, fitness or outdoor activity, or simply looking to stay active and fit, Campus Rec has what you need. If you’re looking to challenge yourself and increase your fitness level keep up with us, on the web, on social media and in the gym, we’re here for you, the university community, let’s make this a great year!
Join the uOttawa Stampede (the Gee-Gees Official Booster Club) and receive 25% off (per semester) for one paid programing purchase.* More info can be found on the Stampede page.
*Offer excludes Intramurals, Personal Training and Outdoor Adventures