Benefits of working with a Personal Trainer
Many of us have fitness or wellness goals that we would love to accomplish. Often times, setting the goal isn’t the hard part, it’s following through and completing the steps to achieving said goal that gets tricky. With the help of a personal trainer, you’ll be one step closer to the finish line!
The trainers at the University of Ottawa will start by asking you about your goals, the barriers have faced or may face, and the challenges that you have overcome. They will also help you reflect on why you have chosen a specific fitness goal or to start getting active at all. Knowing your why will help your trainer in keeping you motivated and on track. We all have different and equally valid reasons behind getting active; it is your trainer’s job to keep you working in line with your why and towards your goal.
Here are some of the ways working with one of our Certified Personal Trainers can help you:
- Provide you with tailored workouts to achieve your goals. They will customize a workout plan that suits your needs in order to help you achieve your fitness goals. They will assess your current physical state and plan your workouts accordingly. No one person is the same, so why should their workout plan be?
- Ensure that you are exercising safely. Personal trainers will teach you proper form for every exercise prescribed. This will help keep you safe and injury-free.
- Hold you accountable! You can always count on our personal trainers to motivate you. They know motivation wavers and you might need more support from time to time. PS: if you hit a rough patch, let them know! Your trainer will do their very best to find ways to help you reconnect with your goals.
- Keep you busy. Your trainer will plan a workout to make the most of the time you have in the gym. This will ensure you are being productive and feel good about the progress you are making.
- Your schedule, your choice! You can adapt your workout schedule to your busy life in order to avoid any time conflicts or extra stress. We want exercise to help relieve your stress, not cause it.
- Challenge you! A trainer will push you further than you would have gone alone. Find out how tough you really are.
- Keep you interested. Our trainers will keep working out fun and diverse. Let your trainer know if there is something you would like to try. If it is safe for you to do so, they will help you do it.
- Allow you to be independent. Learning training foundations from your trainer will allow you to feel confident in completing your workouts solo if that is what you are looking for!
Improve your workout game and see the positive benefits of having a personal trainer, by signing up for sessions with a personal trainer right here on campus!