Reopening of sports facilities
Accessing sports facilities
We are excited to be re-opening many of our facilities to students as of September 9th. We have implemented a number of new procedures in order to ensure the safety of all users. Please be sure to read all procedures listed below before visiting our facilities. What is open:
- Health and Lifestyle fitness centre located in Minto Sports complex
- Montpetit pool
- Montpetit Hall
- Montpetit fitness centre for personal training and group classes only
Employees and community members
In accordance with the University of Ottawa's guidelines, capacity has been reduced in our sports facilities to ensure physical distancing and other safety measures are maintained. For this reason, all sports facilities including fitness centres, gyms and the pool will only be available to students until further notice. We apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to welcoming you back into our facilities soon.
Activities offered to students in sports facilities:
We will be offering the following activities, so be sure to check them out:
- Intramurals (please refer to league specific rules for information about COVID-19 safety protocols)
- Dance classes
- Fitness and wellness courses
- Swimming lessons
- Drop-in activities
- Virtual fitness classes
- Personal training
Things to know before using any of our facilities
For access to all of our sports facilities:
- You will have to fill out the COVID-19 self assessment tool and please stay home if you are feeling unwell.
- Masks will be required in all facilities and can be removed while performing an exercise.
- Physical distancing is required in all of our facilities.
- Please come ready for your activity (fitness attire, full water bottle, clean shoes and please leave your bags at home)!
Accessing the Health and lifestyle centre
Before accessing the fitness centre, you must register for your workout.
While in the fitness centre, please follow the rules:
- Practice physical distancing at all times.
- Wash your hands often.
- Disinfect equipment before and after use.
- Wear a mask at all times in the fitness centre except when performing an exercise.
Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your reservation.
Workout cancellation info:
- If you can no longer attend your workout session, please cancel it. If you do not show up to a session our staff may follow-up with you.
- If you have any symptoms of COVID-19, please cancel your workout session.
- To cancel your workout session, please call client services at 613-562-5789.
Accessing the pool:
Before accessing the pool, you must register for your lane swim here.
While using the pool, please keep the following in mind:
- Changerooms and showers will only be available 15 minutes before and after the swim time. Please do not arrive more than 15 minutes before your swim time. We strongly encourage you to shower at home before and after swimming.
- Lockers will not be available and all belongings must be brought to the spaces provided on the pool deck.
- There is a maximum of 4 swimmers per lane (5m). If you need to rest, exit the water and return when ready.
- Non-medical face masks must be worn at all times, except when entering the water. (I.e. must be worn in change rooms and pool deck).
- Remain physically distanced from others at all times (2m/6feet apart). Follow all directional markings and lifeguard instructions.