Campus Rec COVID-19 updates and information
Accessing sports facilities
Fitness Centre, Swimming Pool, Showers & Changerooms
We are excited to welcome students to our sports facilities. We have implemented a number of new procedures in order to ensure the safety of all users. Please be sure to read the procedures below before visiting our facilities. Note, students who were registered for courses during the 2020-21 academic year and who have a valid student card can access the fitness centre and do not need to purchase a summer membership.
What is open:
- Health and Lifestyle fitness centre located in Minto Sports complex – book your session
- Montpetit pool – book your lane swim
- Additional facilities to open September 7th
Swimming Pool, Showers & Changerooms
We are excited to have re-opened the pool to students and employees. We have updated our procedures in order to ensure the safety of all visitors. Please be sure to read these procedures and book your lane swim before visiting our facilities.
If you are running, biking or rollerblading to the office or if you prefer to be active during the day, you can now use the Montpetit Hall showers and change rooms Monday to Friday, from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. Please read carefully the new procedures to ensure the safety of all facility users.
Please contact client services 613 562-5800 4327 or 5789 for any membership questions. All other sports facilities will continue to be available to students only until further notice as we have reduced capacity to ensure physical distancing.
Virtual fitness classes continue to be available!
Things to know before using any of our facilities
Effective September 22 2021, the Province of Ontario has implemented a proof of vaccination system. At the University of Ottawa, this means that all individuals aged 12 and older must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to participate in activities at indoor and outdoor sports facilities, including Montpetit Hall, Minto Sports Complex and Gee-Gees Field/Dome.
Participants and spectators will be required to provide for verification at point of entry, their proof of vaccination (2 doses +14 days) and proof of identification containing their name and date of birth (e.g. Driver’s License, Health Card, Passport).
Additionally, please note that participants must continue to present/scan their active uOttawa student, employee or membership card to access facilities and programs. The requirement to pre-register for recreational activities and complete a Daily Health Check remains in effect.
For access to all of our sports facilities:
- Complete the uOttawa COVID-19 Assessment Tool uOttawa COVID-19 Assessment Tool prior to arrival on campus or entry into our facilities. If you fail the Assessment or are feeling unwell, you must stay home.
- Bring and wear a mask at all times in our sports facilities. Masks may only be removed when entering the water (e.g. shower or swimming pool).
- Follow the instructions of our staff at all times. If you have any questions please ask a uniformed staff member.
- Follow directional arrows and capacity limits. Maintain 2m physical distancing at all times.
- Bring a water bottle. Water fountains will only be available to fill water bottles.
- Come ready for your activity. Limited lockers are available for use during your activity only.
- You must bring your own lock and towel as these will not be available.
- uOttawa ID card is required.
Accessing the Health and lifestyle centre
Before accessing the fitness centre, you must register for your workout.
- Capacity is limited to 30 registrants per time slot so make sure to sign up for your work outs promptly.
- The Health and Lifestyle fitness centre will be open from 8 am – 7:30 pm, Monday - Sunday. You may register for your desired time slot two days in advance from 9 pm.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your reservation. You will have 1.25 hours to complete your workout.
While in the fitness centre, you must follow these rules:
- Wear a mask at all times
- Maintain physical distancing of 2m from others
- Wash your hands frequently
- Disinfect equipment before and after use.
Workout cancellation info:
If you are unable to attend a workout session, please cancel your workout by calling Client Services at 613-562-5800 x 5789
For those individuals who do not show up for their session and have not cancelled, we have implemented a 3-strike system. Each “no-show” will result in a strike. If an individual receives three strikes on their account, their sport facility membership will be suspended for 10 days.
Cancellations must be completed 24hrs in advance to avoid a strike.
If you have any symptoms of COVID-19, please cancel your workout session.
Important Note: Please ensure you consult the University of Ottawa's Mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy.