Campus rec COVID-19 updates and information
We are excited to be re-opening many of our facilities as of February 22nd and we have implemented a number of new procedures in order to ensure the safety of all users. Please be sure to read all procedures on this page before visiting our facilities. We will also continue to offer virtual programming.
What is open :
- Health and Lifestyle fitness centre located in Minto Sports complex – book your session here as of February 20 at 9 p.m.
- Montpetit pool – book your lane swim here as of February 20 at 9 p.m.
- Montpetit Hall
- Montpetit fitness centre – book your session here as of February 20 at 9 p.m.
- Montpetit cardio centre – book your session here as of February 20 at 9 p.m.
Employees and community members
We are excited to have re-opened the pool to students and employees. We have updated our procedures in order to ensure the safety of all visitors. Please be sure to read these procedures and book your lane swim before visiting our facilities. Please contact client services 613 562-5800 ext 4327 or 5789 for any membership questions. All other sports facilities will continue to be available to students only until further notice as we have reduced capacity to ensure physical distancing.
Activities offered to students in sports facilities:
We will be offering the following activities, so be sure to check them out:
- Private swimming lessons - email aquatics@uottawa. ca
- Drop-in activities
- Virtual fitness classes
- Personal training
Things to know before using any of our facilities
For access to all of our sports facilities:
- You will have to fill out the COVID-19 self assessment tool and please stay home if you are feeling unwell.
- Masks will be required at all times in all facilities.
- Physical distancing is required in all of our facilities.
- Please come ready for your activity, water fountains will only be available to fill water bottles.
Accessing the Health and lifestyle centre and the Montpetit fitness centre
Before accessing the fitness centre, you must register for your workout.
While in the fitness centre, please follow the rules:
- Practice physical distancing at all times.
- Wash your hands often.
- Disinfect equipment before and after use.
- Wear a mask at all times in the fitness centre.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your reservation.
Workout cancellation info:
- If you can no longer attend your workout session, please cancel it. If you do not show up to a session our staff may follow-up with you.
- If you have any symptoms of COVID-19, please cancel your workout session.
- To cancel your workout session, please call client services at 613-562-5789.
Accessing the pool:
Before accessing the pool, you must register for your lane swim here.
While using the pool, please keep the following in mind:
- Changerooms and showers will only be available 15 minutes before and after the swim time. Please do not arrive more than 15 minutes before your swim time. We strongly encourage you to shower at home before and after swimming.
- A limited amount of lockers will be available.
- There is a maximum of 4 swimmers per lane (5m). If you need to rest, exit the water and return when ready.
- Masks must be worn at all times, except when entering the water. (I.e. must be worn in change rooms and pool deck).
- Remain physically distanced from others at all times (2m/6feet apart). Follow all directional markings and lifeguard instructions.
For more information, please visit the University of Ottawa's main COVID-19 webpage.