Camp Hours: 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Bronze Medallion Lifesaving Camp
Age: 13+ or has necessary prerequisite
This camp is an action-packed week for youth looking to complete the first step to become a lifeguard. Campers will develop first aid and water rescue skills in a fun team environment. They will improve their physical fitness and swimming efficiency while learning decision making skills to rescue themselves and others.
- Minimum 13 years of age by last day of camp or certified in Bronze Star
- Ability to swim at least 500m and support oneself in deep water.
- Completion of Swimming Lessons or Swimmers’ Camp recommended
- Materials (provided): Canadian Lifesaving Manual and Bronze Medallion Workbook, CPR Face Shield
- Target Audience: Competitive aquatic athletes, leadership campers.
Successful candidates receive:
- Bronze Medallion certification
- Emergency First Aid with CPR-B/AED certification