The University of Ottawa, Varisty athletics is seeking high-energy, organized individuals who will be responsible for the operations of all Gee-Gees home Football, Soccer, Rugby, Hockey, Volleyball and Basketball varsity events in addition to special Varsity Athletics events.
The Event Staff team coordinates logistical support for teams and fans whilst providing a safe, enjoyable, and efficiently operated venue for all Gee-Gees varsity home events. In addition, event staff execute multiple facets of the fan experience plan for the different fan groups. This is an exciting opportunity for students to work in an energetic, team-based sport environment at the University of Ottawa. Please note that the majority of events take place on the weekends, and as such applicants must be available to work most weekends.
- Game day operations
- Facility and event set-up/ tear-down
- Event access control
- General game support
- Support the delivery of service to the different groups (alumni, students, community)
- Execute game day protocols
- Must be a registered University of Ottawa student
- Ability to work 10 hours per week, predominantly evenings and weekends
- Ability to exercise initiative, and good judgment
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people
- Able to stand for long periods of time and lift over 20 pounds
- Ability to provide excellent customer sercive
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, communication, and organizational skills
- Knowledge of OUA and RSEQ athletics, specifically Gee-Gees varsity sports considered an asset
- Bilingualism is an asset
All interested candidates must email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com . Please note your full name and position title in the subject line of your email.