The University of Ottawa, Varsity Athletics is seeking a self-motivated and enthusiasiastic individual who will provide translation support to the department of Sport Information for the Gee-Gees team’s social media accounts.
The Gee-Gee’s Translator will collaborate with the social media assistant to produce required content for the social media calendar. This position will primarily help with the translation of written content for our social media accounts. Please note that this position will be required prompt communications including evenings and weekends.
- Translate social media content from English to French
- Ensure the use of common French expressions
- Execute the vision of the Sports Information team
- Ensuring branding guidelines are respected
- Collaborate with the social media assistant and the Sport information team
- Must be a registered University of Ottawa student
- Must be eligible for the work-study program
- Translation experience or education equivalent
- Bilingualism is required
- Knowledge of sport vocabulary
- Social media experience an asset
- Ability to follow strict deadlines
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people
- Knowledge of OUA and RSEQ athletics, specifically Gee Gees varsity sports, considered an asset
All interested candidates must email a cover letter, a resume and their portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please note your full name and position title in the subject line of your email.