The University of Ottawa, Varsity Athletics is seeking highly motivated individuals who will be responsible for the promotion and entertainment of all Gee-Gees home Football, Soccer, Rugby, Hockey, Volleyball and Basketball games in addition to special Varsity Athletics events.
The Game-Day host will be responsible for managing the fan engagement at Varsity events and will work closely with game-day staff. The Gee-Gees Game-Day Host engages with the spectators and creates an exciting fan experience. This is an amazing opportunity for students to work in an energetic, team-based sport environment at the University of Ottawa. Please note that the Gee-Gees Game-Day Host will mostly be working weekends and evenings at varsity games. Applicants will need to have a flexible schedule.
- Create an exciting fan experience
- Engage with fans throughout the event over the microphone
- Announce special messaging to attending fans
- Master of ceremonies (emcee)
- Assist in the game-day operations, facility, and event set-up/ tear-down of varsity events.
- Excellent oral communication skills in both English and French.
- Bilingualism is required.
- Outgoing and positive personality and team spirit
- Comfortable with public speaking
- Experience working with crowd an asset
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people
- Ability to provide an excellent customer service
- Able to stand for long periods of time and lift over 20 pounds
- Flexible schedule with ability to work minimum 10 hrs/ week, during the week, evenings, and weekends.
All interested candidates must email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please note your full name and position title in the subject line of your email.