The University of Ottawa, Varsity Athletics is seeking highly motivated and enthusiastic individuals who will be responsible for the in-game music for of all Gee-Gees home Volleyball and Basketball games.
As part of the Varsity Events Team, the DJ is a key member of the fan experience during our home games. This role will control all music played during the events and adapt the content to the different groups presents. This is an exciting opportunity for students to work in an energetic, team-based sport environment at the University of Ottawa. Please note that most events take place on the weekends, and as such applicants must be available to work most weekends.
- Music for the duration of the event (In-game, warm-up, stoppage)
- Create a variety of playlists ahead of events
- Support the delivery of service to the different groups (Alumni, Students, community)
- Execute music requirement for protocols
- Work closely with the announcer for timing
- Ability to work 15 hours per week, predominantly evenings and weekends
- Ability to exercise initiative, and good judgment
- Experience as a DJ an asset
- Knowledge of Basketball and/or Volleyball an asset
- Passion for music and entertainment
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people
- Able to stand for long periods of time and lift over 20 pounds
- Strong interpersonal, leadership, communication, and organizational skills
All interested candidates must email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please note your full name and position title in the subject line of your email.