The University of Ottawa, Varsity Athletics is seeking highly motivated and enthusiasiastic individuals to be the voice of the Gee-Gees on the broadcast for our women’s volleyball team and potentially other sports.
As a member of the Gee-Gees Varsity Broadcast Team, you will be responsible for play-by-play on all our home games. Working with camera operators and a webcast director, the on-air talent will produce a professional, engaging broadcast for U SPORTS fans around the world. Please note that most events take place on the weekends. The successful candidates will be required to commit to 2-5 hours per event, arriving a minimum of 30 minutes prior to game.
- Prepare games content in advance.
- Follow the pronunciation guide for names of players and coaches.
- Understand the rules and language of the sport.
- Ongoing awareness and responsiveness
- Outgoing and positive personality and team spirit
- Excellent knowledge of volleyball
- Speech Clarity in English
- Experience with on-air talent an asset
- Ability to exercise initiative, and good judgment
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people
- Knowledge of OUA and RSEQ athletics, specifically Gee Gees varsity sports, considered an asset
All interested candidates must email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com . Please note your full name and position title in the subject line of your email.