Men’s basketball (14-3 OUA, 24-8 overall)
@ Laurentian (6-10, OUA) Friday, February 5, 8:00 p.m. (SSN Canada)
@ York (3-13, OUA) Saturday, February 6, 8:00 p.m.
* The Gee-Gees are ranked No. 6 in the nation this week, down one from last week’s No. 5 ranking.
* The Gee-Gees are No. 2 in the OUA East, just below Carleton.
*The Gee-Gees swept both of their last regular season home games last weekend, defeating both the Ryerson Rams and Toronto Varsity Blues.
* Laurentian is currently No. 5 in the OUA East, with York below two spots at No. 7.
* The Gee-Gees defeated both York (91-82) and Laurentian (91-69) earlier this season.
*Second-year guard Warren Ward (London, Ont.) was this week’s uOttawa male athlete of the week after scoring 38 points, 10 rebounds in Saturday night’s win against the Varsity Blues.
* Fifth-year veteran Josh Gibson-Bascombe (Toronto, Ont.) continues to lead the CIS standings for assists with 116. He is also third in the nation for steals with 47 and fifth for total points with 336.
* Fifth-year guard Donnie Gibson (Kingston, Ont.) is second in the OUA three point percentage standings with 45.6%, ranking him tenth in the country.
* First-year guard Kemeish Edwards (Brampton, Ont.) is not expected to play this weekend due to an ankle injury.
* “Both of these teams [Laurentian and York] are fighting for playoff positions, so it will be two good games,” said Gee-Gees head coach Dave DeAveiro, who also noted that playing at Laurentian is not always easy.
* “Travelling will be a bit of a challenge; it’s a long trip,” he added. The team must travel to Sudbury on Friday and then head to Toronto and York University right after the game for Saturday night’s contest.