Women’s basketball (7-4 OUA, 17-9 overall)
@ University of Toronto (5-7 OUA) Friday, January 15, 2010 at 6:00 p.m. (SSN Canada)
@ Ryerson University (7-5 OUA) Saturday, January 16, 2010 at 6:00 p.m. (www.broadcastsports.ca)
* The Gee-Gees recorded two wins last weekend in their first action back from the holidays, holding both of their opponents, York and Laurentian, to 50 points each.
* The Gee-Gees are currently No. 3 in the OUA East.
* Ryerson ranked just below at No.4, with only one more loss to their record than the Gee-Gees, and the University of Toronto is seeded No. 6 in the OUA East.
* After losing both regular season games to the University of Toronto last year, the Gee-Gees defeated them in the OUA East finals to claim their second OUA East title and advance to the OUA championship game.
* The Gee-Gees hold a 5-31 head-to-head record against the Varsity Blues and a 20-18 record against the Rams.
* “These will be two key games,” said assistant head coach Mario Gaetano. “After last weekend, there is basically a one game difference between the top six teams in our conference, so we have to play every game to win.”