Check out the Healthy and Active Campus FACEBOOK PAGE for the latest news and photos.
- January 18, 2018 : Stair Climbing Challenge
- January 22-26, 2018: Wellness week
- February 14, 2018: Skate or walk with your heart
- February 20, 2018: Lunch and learn - Combining nutrition and an active lifestyle
- February 22, 2018 : Stair Climbing Challenge
- March 20, 2018 : Stair Climbing Challenge
- March 22, 2018: Lunch and learn - Movement 101: How to integrate it into our lives
- Avril 17, 2018: Lunch and learn – The importance of sleep, relaxation and recovery
- April 18, 2018: Running club starts
- April 19, 2018 : Stair Climbing Challenge
- May 14 – 18, 2018: Faculties and Services pedometer challenge
- May 18, 2018: Bike to work day
- May 22, 2018 : Stair Climbing Challenge
- June 21, 2018 : Stair Climbing Challenge
- July 19, 2018 : Stair Climbing Challenge
- August 21, 2018 : Stair Climbing Challenge
- September 20, 2018 : Stair Climbing Challenge
- October 18, 2018 : Stair Climbing Challenge
- November 20, 2018 : Stair Climbing Challenge
Events and activities details
Stair Climbing Challenge
Everyone at their own pace, this event challenges participants to go up and down the stairs for 20 minutes. Some opt for an additional challenge and include some strength and conditioning movements between each set.
Meet in the Tabaret rotunda at noon for a quick warm up. No registration required; just bring your enthusiasm and remember to wear proper footwear! (i.e. running shoes)
Free apples are handed out to participants and the Champions' Cup is awarded at each event.
Twice a year, the uOttawa community comes together to step it up. Participants form teams and count their steps for a full week. Which service will be crowned step champions this time?
Bike to work
Do you bike to work regularly at uOttawa? Are you thinking of starting, or wondering if you are up for it? The Bike to work month is a great time to get rolling!
The campus walk, formally Walk of Two Bridges, is now a yearly tradition, which brings together the University community. It is an activity where all participants come out of their office and get moving while supporting United Way. An optional donation of $5 is suggested.
In the warm months, join the running club over lunch! Beginners and advanced runners are both welcome. The club meets every Tuesday and Thursday at 12:10 pm in front of the Tabaret stairway before starting its circuit. The club splits in two groups: fast runners and average runners. Contact Sophie Wauquier for more details.