Number of positions: 2
All referees are responsible for officiating league games in a respectful, courteous, and professional manor, while providing a fun and safe environment for all Intramural participants. Volleyball referees will implement established Intramural Volleyball rules to the best of their abilities. Referees report directly to the Volleyball Head referee and work in conjunction with the League Supervisor as well as the Assistant Coordinator(s) where necessary.
Experience / skills required:
- Excellent knowledge of Volleyball rules, usually acquired through experience officiating or participation;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage conflicts
- Leadership qualities and ability to work as part of a dynamic team;
- Good language competency (oral, written) in both English and French;
- Recognized Referee Certification an asset.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Before the Season:
- Maintain proper certification by an appropriate governing body;
- Know and understand all rules specific to the sport, and the league;
- Provide availability to the Head Referee in a timely manner;
- Attend meetings scheduled by the Head Referee;
- Attend all mandatory meetings and training sessions.
During the Season:
- Officiate all games assigned by the Head Referee;
- Finding a replacement for any assigned shifts for which you cannot be present;
- Notify the Head Referee of all shift changes;
- Ensure games start and end on time;
- Referee fair and consistent games to the best of your ability;
- Maintain a positive attitude around participants and peers;
- Complete appropriate incident/accident reports when necessary prior to leaving the facility;
- Immediately report major incidents/accidents to the League Supervisor;
- Provide truthful and detailed reports if asked by the Head Referee or Disciplinary Committee;
- Stay and officiate a friendly match in the event of a forfeit, as long as the minimum number of participants is present;
- Communicate throughout the season with Head Referee;
- Remain professional at all times;
- Assist with equipment set up and/or take down;
- Inspect facilities to ensure safe game play
Note: Referees cannot play in a league in which they officiate
Please send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com.